Kim Jong-Un vows to make North Korea ‘world’s strongest nuclear power’ amid rising tensions with US

0
189

Seoul: Kim Jong-Un has vowed to turn North Korea into the “most powerful nuclear power in the world,” state media reported on Wednesday, as the nation shows no signs of controlling a weapons program that feeds the global alarm.

The North has shaken the international community with a flurry of missile launches and its biggest nuclear test in recent months in its attempt to develop a warhead capable of hitting the United States.

Kim told workers that the recent test of a new missile that Pyongyang said was capable of that feat, that his country “will advance and jump victoriously as the world’s most powerful nuclear and military power”, at a ceremony on Tuesday, according to the state. news agency KCNA.

His comments come as world powers struggle for a response to the crisis, with the United States backing tough economic and diplomatic sanctions against Kim’s regime to stop its nuclear momentum.

But the North has continued to launch missiles, which represents a great challenge for the president of the United States, Donald Trump.

Fears of a catastrophic conflict with the nuclear weapons regime have exploded as the leaders have mocked each other, with the president of the United States pejoratively dubbing his rival “Little Rocket Man”.

Tension erupted again on the peninsula from the high point after the November 29 launch of the Hwasong-15 ICBM, which according to the North could deliver a “super-large heavy warhead” anywhere in the continental US. UU

Many analysts suggest that the rocket is capable of reaching the continental United States, but expresses skepticism that Pyongyang has mastered the advanced technology necessary to allow the rocket to survive re-entry into the Earth’s atmosphere.

The November launch was the first test of any kind since September 15, and nullified hopes that the North has stopped to open the door to a negotiated solution to the nuclear standoff.

US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said he was confident that Washington is doing everything possible to force North Korea to discuss nuclear disarmament.

“As I have told people many times, I will continue our diplomatic efforts until the first bomb falls,” he said in a speech before the Atlantic Council’s policy forum.

But he also warned that the US military is ready to act if necessary.

Washington has intensified the pressure on the North and last week the United States and South Korea launched their largest joint air exercise.

Pyongyang criticized these maneuvers as a provocation, and accused the exercises of “revealing their intention to organize an unexpected pre-emptive nuclear attack”.