Hafiz Saeed, the mastermind of the 26/11 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, will be released tomorrow from house arrest.
The High Court of Lahore today ordered the release of the head of Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), Hafiz Saeed, who has been under house arrest since January of this year.
The Punjab government requested an extension of Saeed’s detention, but the court rejected the request.
A provincial law officer had told the Lahore High Court during the last hearing that a provincial review board would review Saeed’s detention.
The head of the Department of Justice, through his lawyer A K Dogar, had challenged his arrest warrants, alleging that the requirements established by the Supreme Court were not met. He asked the court to annul the arrest and order his release.
Hafiz Saeed and his four aides, Abdullah Ubaid, Malik Zafar Iqbal, Abdul Rehman Abid and Qazi Kashif Hussain, were detained by the Punjab government for 90 days under the 1997 Anti-Terror Law and the Fourth Schedule of the 1997 Anti-Terror Law. . On January 31.
On September 25, the Punjab government extended the house arrest of Saeed and others for another 30 days.
The Lahore High Court (LHC), which heard an allegation against Saeed’s arrest on October 10, said he would be released if the government of Pakistan does not present evidence against him. The four assistants of Hafiz Saeed were released in the last week of October.
The United States has offered a reward of 10 million dollars for the mastermind of the terrorist attacks of 26/11 in Mumbai.
It is believed that the JuD is the vanguard organization for Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), which is responsible for carrying out the Mumbai terrorist attacks in 2008.